Only four pictures (I was not able to snap more) to give a taste of the presence of Miquel Barceló in Avignon. Just out of the underground parking of the square of the Popes, who welcomed us here this elephant balanced on the trunk. In the foreground, Marina.
A ceramic plate with two lobsters almost edible. The display of virtuosity in the representation of fish was almost frightening, and unfortunately I could only take away from this document.
Transforming the bricks in between the skull is an easy-going and the macabre. He had bought an old brick factory, and had time to make a nice collection. The lofty walls (and highest) of the Palace of the Popes, among a number of stately tombs of bishops, did their beautiful effect. I should mention other interventions, which overlapped with no complex to the medieval funerary statuary, but unfortunately I have not found the time to photograph it, nor do I have the ability to tell it. Barceló, however, is a inconoclasta with a huge capacity to create new icons. A great, no doubt.
0 comments:
Post a Comment